Labor Market Information
CareerGPS2.com is a one-of-a-kind, interactive web-based application designed to workforce development professionals and employers with one central location to find the information they need to make informed workforce decisions.
The searchable web based application is broken down by the following sections:
An alphabetical listing of more than 800 primary and secondary occupational classifications as identified by the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) classification system.
- Search for a specific occupation by keyword in the occupation title or description
- Summary job forecast detail including wage and salary estimates and the typical education or training level
- Growth rate estimates over time
- Projected job demand and estimates of new and replacement jobs;
Education and/or Training Programs
An alphabetical listing of more than 2,000 individual education and/or training programs across all training sectors.
- Compare two or more of the providers and their related program detail for the occupation
- O*NET detail, including tasks, knowledge, skills, abilities, job zone detail, and work styles and values related to the occupation
Schools and Colleges
An alphabetical listing of nearly 200 public and private sector education and training providers located primarily in the six county Sacramento region (El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, and Yuba counties) sorted by sector.
- Ability to identify education and training providers by sector (i.e. adult education, apprenticeships, community colleges, regional occupational programs, private schools and colleges, and public universities).
- Provider name, location, contact detail
- Services available from provider (i.e. financial aid assistance, tutorial services, etc.) and;
- Program(s) name and detail, including cost and average time to complete (certificate and apprenticeship programs) and primary occupation(s) an individual is prepared to pursue upon program completion.
Labor Market Information Resources
- Employment Development Department (EDD) Labor Market Information website: http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/
- California County Profiles produced by the California Department of Finance at: http://www.dof.ca.gov/
Customized Training Programs
Sacramento Works is your answer for creating a better workforce. We can help you recruit new employees, develop your current employees’ workforce skills, and improve your business.
Sacramento Works, in partnership with the Employment Training Panel and local educational entities, can offer training to your current employees.
To learn more about how we can customize a training program for your staff, contact William Walker at (916) 263-4639 or email William.Walker@seta.net
Disability Program Navigator (DPN) Services
The Disability Program Navigator assists employers to realize the benefits of hiring a person with a disability with resources and information.
- Reasonable Accommodations and Accessibility
- Effective Communication and Etiquette
- TTY and Assistive Technology
- ADA (Laws)
- Suggestions on How to Create a Productive and Welcoming Environment
For more information contact Amie Reza at (916) 263-5400 or email Amie.Reza@seta.net
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) – Provides 2 years of Federal tax credits on wages to businesses that hire individuals from targeted low-income groups.
- California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development – information on tax credits and incentives.