Training and Employment Program for Students
Gain valuable work-based learning experience!
The Studnet Training and Employment Program-Sacramento (STEPS) is a Sacramento Works youth workforce development program focused on providing students with disabilities several services geared toward helping them develop skills and offering the opportunity to participate in work-based learning experiences.
If you are between the ages of 16-21 and attending high school or college and also have an intellectual, physical, developmental, and/or mental disability you could qualify for this program.
Services offered include:
- Job Exploration Counseling
- Work Readiness Training
- Self Advocacy Training
- Work-based Learning Experiences
- Postsecondary Enrollment Counseling
- Must have an IEP or 504 Plan
- Must be attending school
- Attend mandatory (unpaid) work readiness workshops
- Must be able to work part-time/full-time
- Must be able to work independently