The Sacramento Works Youth Committee Needs Your Leadership
The Sacramento Works Youth Committee is looking for youth and young adults to provide a “Youth Voice” on the Committee. Your voice will ensure that the youth of Sacramento are adequately represented when decisions are made that will impact young residents in our community.
If you are 16- 24 and would like to get some experience in public service, the Youth Committee may be the place to do it. Meetings are in person at the Sacramento Employment and Training Agency, 925 Del Paso Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815.
What does the Sacramento Works Youth Committee Do?
- Coordinates strategic planning process for youth employment programs
- Selects youth providers and makes funding recommendations to the full board
- Conducts oversight and evaluation of youth providers
- Coordinates with youth education and workforce development initiatives in the region
- Ensures job centers are youth-friendly
- Provide 21st-century skill development to attain and retain employment
- Prepares youth for continued education in post-secondary, apprenticeship, or occupational skills training leading to recognized credentials in high-demand industry occupations
- Develops a continuum of activities to engage more youth in the workforce system
Reasons to Join
- Bring your voice – we want to hear your ideas, issues, and suggestions
- Help the Sacramento Works for Youth programs be more youth-friendly
- Become more aware of youth issues and get involved in solutions
- Build your professional network and resume
Complete the form below to apply and to be a member.
Youth Voice Application
"*" indicates required fields
For more information:
Please contact Lauren Mechals, Workforce Development Manager at (916) 263-1751 or Lauren.Mechals@seta.net